Friday, June 15, 2012

Chew

There seems to be the unspoken question floating around as to how much one person can do at one time. Unfortunately I do not have the option of working on ONE THING at a time. Due to the nature of my work I must do them all simultaneously. Like teaching regular classes, rehearsals for nationals (and other dances that aren't mine due to staffing issues), choreography for the next Ottawa Food Bank Benefit, MY REEL, workshops and possibly a film job. Lots on the plate right now. It has been hard trying to find a balance for it all (if there even is one, we all know i'm not good at balance), but a fun ride nonetheless.
The reel films in just over a week. That kills me. I'm such a mixture of excitement and nerves that I don't even know what to do with myself. Rehearsal time is hard to come by. There's always something else at the studio that needs to be done. A private to be scheduled, a file to make, an email to answer, a number to run, a class to teach. But it will all be over in a few weeks. And then I need to start the next phase.
Which has also had me dealing with the issue of being terrified to have it finished. I was able to ignore this feeling until this past week. What the hell do I do when it's done? You focus on a project for so long (years) and all I could see was to the point of getting it done. I couldn't see beyond that. I couldn't see what I would do with it, where I would send it, what else needs to go with it.... And I'm still not sure. I suppose I'll do whatever comes next. Once I figure out what it is of course.
My personal life has been suffering slightly. Shane is good enough to roll with my hectic schedule but it's me that wishes I could be around a bit more. Im more busy now than I have been all year and summer is supposed to be the easy time! But worth it. All worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment