Friday, April 27, 2012

Back on Track

I've been letting a lot of things slide lately. Between regular teaching, private lessons, competition and all the rest, many things have slid down the priority list. Like laundry. Dishes. General cleaning. I spent all last Monday getting my house back together. It looked as though Hurricane Tressa had blown through it. Which I had. Hastily throwing a meal together after getting home from competition, only to jump in the shower and flop in bed. Then get up before dawn to do it all again. Talk about clutter. 
    I feel more back to normal this week. Busy as the last weeks, but a little calmer about the whole mess. Which is relieving. My entire new way of life had suffered. I reverted back to drinking pepsi all hours of the day. Consistently having a bottle in my hand. Damn you pepsi. Damn you. I ate all the easiest (worst) meals when I got home at night.... I'm back with it now. Bringing real food with me. Ensuring I have water on hand. Basically taking care of myself because who else will? 

  Competition has been going really great. The students are all dancing well, there has been minimal costume catastrophes... And they are just the cutest things in the world. Case in point....See above. 
Couple of the highlights so far, sr. duo/trio overall 1st and 3rd. jr. small group 1st overall, sr large group 1st overall, dance offs. sr solo 1st overall. It's been great thus far. This weekend we head to Toronto (students all ready there, I head down on Saturday) to get our groove on at Rhythm Dance. So continued good luck to all the students and I just can't wait to see how they do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment