Monday, April 9, 2012

Compassion Must Extend To Self

There's a shift happening right now. Not the shift in seasons happening outside (though Spring is whispering through the trees) but more an internal shift. I feel myself becoming more grounded. More settled. It's an odd shift, one I am still assessing my feelings on. But I'm happy. Really, truly Happy. I started doing yoga again. And wondered why on earth I stayed away for so long. I took up baking. Delicious smells fill my new house, I bake, he cooks, we clean. I eat more fruit and vegetables. I am trying to live greener, more consciously. I think I'm just trying to live responsibly. Make a better future for any children I might have and their generation and the generations after.
     Competition is next weekend. I'm hoping my new calm collectiveness will carry me through this traditionally hectic (ok, freaking the fuck out) time of the year. Take it as it comes, costume mishaps, mistakes, spacing hell..... Let it come and let it go. I am very much excited for it. To see my pieces take to the stage, the forum which they are meant to be seen and displayed in. The students have all worked so hard and I look forward to them seeing the fruits of that labor. Learning that you get out what you put in. And they've put in a lot. It's going to be an exciting and emotional few weekends.
     The video for Kay is done! Filmed a few weeks ago on a frigid and late Saturday night. It may have been freezing, and I may have been at work for 14 hours that day, but what an amazing experience. The crew was fantastic, Ian provided an awe inspiring track, what more can a dancer ask for? The muses were with us that night. I can't wait to see and share the final product. Hopefully I can have that on its way shortly. It's going to be a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment